Ellen's 5 Ingredients: Monster Eyes Cake Balls
Try this spooky sweet for your Halloween party this year! All you need to pick up at the grocery store is three ingredients – Oreos, cream cheese and white chocolate – plus decorations, and you’re ready to bake. Even better, this recipe doesn’t require any real baking… just some crunching, mixing and rolling.
Oreos (1 pkg)
Cream Cheese (8 oz)
White Chocolate Baking Bar/Chips
(1) Crush package of Oreos.
(2) Use a mixer to first soften the cream cheese. Then blend in the crushed Oreos.
(3) Roll the mixture into quarter-sized balls and place on wax paper on a baking sheet.
(4) Melt the white chocolate in the microwave, stirring the chocolate every 30 seconds so it doesn’t burn.
(5) Dip the balls one at a time in the white chocolate until they are well coated and then place them back on the baking sheet.
(6) Put the baking sheet in the refrigerator to let the chocolate harden.
TO MAKE MONSTER EYES
(1) Squeeze a generous drop of icing onto the top of the Oreo ball.
(2) Put a candy eye in the icing.
(3) Use red gel icing to drawl squiggly lines from the eye to the plate.