Payless ShoeSource unveiled a second round of store closings as its bankruptcy reorganization moves forward, bringing the total number of locations to be closed this year to about 800.
The discount shoe retailer filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in April and said it was closing about 400 locations, including 378 in the U.S.
The company is now asking a federal bankruptcy judge to let it close up to 408 additional stores.
Here is the combined list of store locations that are set to close in Northeast Ohio:
- Chapel Hill Mall in Akron
- Vineyard Plaza in Eastlake
- Midway Mall in Elyria
- 1932 Lincoln Way E. in Massillon
The new stores closing:
- Creekside Commons 9575 Mentor Avenue in Mentor
- Great Lakes Mall in Mentor
- Lee/Harvard 4071 Lee Rd. in Cleveland