Six days after a 1-year-old overdosed and eventually died in Akron, another 1-year-old has been hospitalized after an apparent overdose.
Police say a woman took her soon to Akron Children's Hospital around 8 p.m. Tuesday. The boy's mother said she noticed him outside their Raymond Street home acting strange and walking without balance.
The mother brought the boy to the hospital when he began shifting in and out of consciousness.
Hospital staff used narcan to revive the boy, whose condition has not been released.
The boy and his 7 and 5-year-old sisters were removed from their mother's custody and placed in care of Summit County Children's Services.
Police say no charges have been filed yet.
Last week, a 1-year-old boy overdosed at a Gale Street home. He later died at the hospital.