Police are investigating the death of a three-year-old who was reportedly taken to the hospital for a suspected overdose.
The 3-year-old died at Akron Children’s Hospital on Sunday, according to police. The child’s 2-year-old sister is also in serious condition from suspected overdose on Friday.
Police said the family from Ashville, Ohio was visiting relatives at a McKinley Avenue home in Akron.
A GoFundMe account set up to help pay for the child’s funeral expenses states the 3-year-old was found unresponsive after she “ingested blood pressure medicine.” The site also states that the 2-year-old was also taken to the hospital for ingesting blood pressure medicine.
Police are still investigating and have not confirmed what medication may be involved in the cases. No charges have been filed at this point.