Join WKYC's Amani Abraham and Carl Bachtel on a road trip around Akron through some of the construction zones you may see on your holiday commute.
The Ohio Department of Transportation lists the following projects in the Akron area:
- The ramp from I76 eastbound to I-77 southbound is CLOSED through August 2018. The detour is I-76/Kenmore Leg westbound to I-277 eastbound to I-77 southbound.
- The ramp from I77 northbound to I-76 westbound is CLOSED through late August 2018 for roadway reconstruction. The detour is I-277 westbound to I-76/Kenmore Leg eastbound.
- The ramp from SR 8 southbound to I76 westbound is CLOSED through late August 2019 for roadway reconstruction. The detour is I-77 southbound to I-277 westbound to I-76/Kenmore Leg eastbound.
- The ramp from I76 westbound/I-77 northbound to Grant St. is permanently closed. The detour is I-76 westbound to Broadway St. to Thornton St. to Grant St. or I-76 westbound to Broadway St. to Thornton St. to Main St. to Miller St. to Bellows St. to Crosier St. to Grant St.
- Main St. and Broadway St. between Miller Rd. and Bartges St. has various lane restrictions for roadway construction. This work is part of an $84 million project to reconstruct I76/Main St. and Broadway St. interchange in the City of Akron. The entire project is scheduled to be completed by July 2020.
For a complete and updated list of the construction projects in your area, visit the Ohio Department of Transportation's website.