A woman who authorities say killed her boyfriend in a crash that occurred after she sped off with him hanging onto the car's hood has been sentenced to eight years in prison.

Cleveland.com (http://bit.ly/2gKc6vc ) reports a judge in Cleveland sentenced 26-year-old Lynette Lawson on Wednesday in Stacey Moore's May 7 death.

Lawson pleaded guilty earlier to aggravated vehicular homicide and driving under the influence charges in the Cleveland man's death.

Lawson's attorneys argued the Cleveland woman had a violent childhood and was "remorseful."

Police say Lawson was angry after Moore invited another woman to join them for dinner and sped off when Moore tried to get Lawson out of the car. Moore held on through an open window but was thrown from the hood when the car struck an SUV.

On May 7, WKYC reported that that at 1:30 a.m., police say a car flipped over on the I-90 West/Chester Avenue entrance ramp.

Police say Lynette S. Lawson, 26, and her boyfriend Stacey S. Moore, 27, had a verbal altercation in the area of East 25th Street, south of Payne Avenue. Lawson then drove a 2014 Chevrolet Impala southbound on East 25th Street with Moore hanging onto the outside of the vehicle on the left side hood area.

Police say Lawson accelerated and drove recklessly southbound on East 25th Street over the south curb, striking a park bench, steel guardrail and chain link fence.

Police say the 2014 Chevrolet continues southbound airborne and lands on the Interstate 90 westbound exit ramp to Chester Avenue.

At the same time the 2014 Chevrolet Impala struck the roadway, Lanisha E. Bowen, 38, was driving a 2014 Kia Sorrento SUV on the Chester Avenue exit ramp where she had no time to react and collided with the left side of the 2014 Chevrolet.

After both cars came to a stop, Moore was found pinned under the left rear of the 2014 Chevrolet. All three were taken to MetroHealth Medical Center where Moore was pronounced dead and the two women drivers were treated for minor injuries.