EASTLAKE -- A call from a woman that she had just been carjacked ended with a police chase all the way in Lyndhurst.

Just before 5 a.m. July 3, police received a call from a woman that her Silver 2011 Jeep Liberty had just been stolen from 1472 E 337th Street.

She said she was getting ready for work and had just gotten into her car when she was approached by a man asking for a cigarette. The victim turned away and then turned back to find that the man had pulled a hat over his face and was demanding that she get out of her car and leave the keys and her phone.

She complied and, as she walked away from the Jeep, she saw two other people getting into her car as well.

Shortly after receiving the call, and after the three occupants of the stolen car made a detour to pick up two other persons, the Jeep was spotted crossing state Route 91 at Stevens Boulevard.

Eastlake officers attempted to stop the vehicle on Stevens but the driver refused to stop and proceeded to state Route 2. Eastlake police pursued the stolen vehicle on SR 2 until it exited at Lloyd Road and then continued west on Lakeland Boulevard into Euclid.

The vehicle then led officers south on E. 260th Street into Richmond Heights, east into Willoughby Hills, and then south on Bishop Road into Highland Heights and Lyndhurst before finally stopping.

The Jeep was occupied by Eric Hannahs, 18, two boys and two girls.

It was later learned that the males were present when the Jeep was taken from the victim and they stopped to pick up the two females. The five were planning to run away because two of the males had pending court cases that they were trying to avoid.

Police say all five were aware of the plan to steal a car and run away and all are facing charges related to their roles in, and knowledge of the incident.

Hannahs along with the 2 boys were charged with robbery and grand theft auto. The 2 girls were charged with complicity.

Hannahs was arraigned July 7 in Willoughby Municipal Court and charged with third-degree felony robbery and fourth-degree felony theft. Judge Harry Field set bond at $10,000 cash or surety.

A preliminary hearing was set for July 8, according to court records.