Five people have been treated and two have been hospitalized after being exposed to carbon monoxide at Lorain County Automotive Systems in Elyria on Wednesday evening.
At 7:15 p.m., an employee reported having chest pains, shortly thereafter, five people came down with illnesses that required treatment. 70 employees were working at Lorain County Automotive Systems at the time.
Just after 10:00 p.m., representatives from the Columbia Gas company left the scene. They made sure doors and windows were left open in the building for ventilation.
An official on the scene told WKYC Channel 3's Chris Tye that the carbon monoxide readings were "off the charts."
WKYC Channel 3 has learned that one employee of Lorain County Automotive Systems who went home earlier in the evening, was taken by ambulance to a local hospital.
Chris Tye filed this report at approximately 10:40 p.m. at the scene
Stay with WKYC.com for more updates as they become available.