Two students at Cleveland Central Catholic High School became ill today after eating allegedly marijuana-laced brownies, officials said, in a statement.

Here is the complete statement from the Administration at Cleveland Central Catholic High School:

"At Cleveland Central Catholic the well-being of our students is our highest priority. As such, we take very seriously the fact that two students recently required medical attention after ingesting brownies laced with marijuana."

"This type of conduct will not be tolerated at Cleveland Central Catholic, and once all the facts are known the person or persons responsible will be disciplined in a manner consistent with the seriousness of this conduct."

"In the interests of safety, we have instructed Students not to accept any food item from another student at any time and have asked parents and guardians to discuss the issue with their children.

WKYC's Carly Flynn Morgan spoke with a local parent about the issue.

"Schools nowadays, it seems like all of them have problems with drugs,” said Wayne Stokes, father of a ninth grade student at Central Catholic.

He wasn’t necessarily surprised to hear students had taken drugs at school.

“A lot of times, peer pressure, they want to try it out just to see what it is,” he said. “You need to make sure you’re teaching your kids the right and wrong.”