RICHARDSON, Texas -- An arrest warrant obtained by WFAA Tuesday details the conflicting story that led to the re-arrest of Sherin Mathews' father, Wesley Mathews.

The warrant states that Wesley Mathews told police his 3-year-old daughter choked on milk in the early morning hours of Oct. 7 and "believed she had died."

He said he "physically assisted" Sherin in drinking her milk when she wouldn't listen to him.

"She was coughing and her breathing slowed," the warrant reads. "Eventually, Wesley Mathews no longer felt a pulse on the child and believed she had died."

In his initial interview with police in the days after Sherin's disappearance, Wesley Mathews had said he put Sherin outside as punishment for not drinking her milk. He was arrested then for endangering a child but was released on bond.

He was re-arrested Monday for felony injury to a child after providing investigators at the Richardson Police Department with the conflicting story.

"When they came in, they provided us with some information that was contrary to what we had previously been told regarding her [Sherin Mathews] disappearance," said Kevin Perlich, Richardson PD spokesperson.

His bond has been set at $1 million and he was booked into the Richardson City Jail.

"It is possible that he could bond out again," Perlich said.

When asked about the milk story Mathews originally told police, Perlich said because this is an ongoing investigation, he's unable to give specifics on the conversation that transpired between Mathews and police. All he could say was that "it was not what he told us originally."

Perlich says police still do not have a positive identification on the child's body that was found Sunday at 11 a.m. in a culvert underground during a search operation in the area of Spring Valley and Bowser Road.

Mathews was previously arrested on and charged with felony endangerment to a child and was placed on electronic ankle monitoring. He also surrendered his passport as a condition of making bond on Oct. 9.