COLUMBIA STATION, Ohio -- The Chief Wahoo debate has now reached your dinner plate.
Gibbs Butcher Block out of Columbia Station is selling a “Chief Wahoo bratwurst” amid news earlier this week the Cleveland Indians logo was being dropped by the team.
They posted a photo of the bratwurst on Facebook with the caption: “Chief Wahoo will always live on here at Gibbs.”
Some comments on the post praised Gibbs Butcher Block for keeping Chief Wahoo alive, but others weren’t so happy. Here is a small sampling of the comments they received:
- "Definitely! I need to stop in for some this weekend!” Angie Marie wrote.
- “Racism is always strong in rural areas,” Kyle Kershner posted.
- “Good to know so I can avoid shopping there,” Amanda DeLauder said.
- “Yay! We need to keep him around,” Deidra McWilliams Bates wrote.
- “Thanks for keeping and honoring Chief Wahoo!” Margaret Peggy Mordarski Wagner commented.