One day after his team's 38-24 loss to the Detroit Lions, Cleveland Browns head coach Hue Jackson will address the media from the team's facility in Berea.
Follow along here for live updates from Jackson's latest press conference and join the conversation on Twitter using the hashtag #3Browns.
- Hue Jackson continues to take blame for the botched play at the end of the first half that led to the clock running out. Said he has to do a better job coaching in those spots, but he didn't want to get into specifics.
- Jackson announced that linebacker Jamie Collins is out for the season with an MCL injury. "We'll miss him," Jackson said.
- Asked what he liked best about DeShone Kizer's game against the Lions, Jackson said it was his ability to take care of the ball and the touchdown throw to Kenny Britt. Also noted his energy with the Browns defense and special teams units on the sideline.
- Jackson agreed that he thought the team lost a lot of momentum when Kizer left the game with his rib injury. Said team was concerned about Kizer, but needs to learn to stay focused on the task at hand.
- Jackson said Kizer did a good job of running with the football, but still needs to learn to do a better job of protecting himself. Likes his ability to run in a "controlled" setting.
- Pressed on the botched goal line play, Jackson continues to take the blame and refuses to place it on his offense or Kizer. "It doesn't matter," Jackson said of playing the blame game.
- "It's disappointing because we've had our chances," Jackson said of the Browns' missed opportunities this season.
- Jackson noted how hard it can be for a backup quarterback to come into a game. Noted Kessler probably didn't play as well as he would have liked to.
- James Burgess will take over for Jamie Collins in the Browns lineup.
- Jackson said he'll consider moving Kevin Hogan back to second-string this week but isn't there yet.
- Jackson says all systems are go for Corey Coleman to make his return against the Jaguars this weekend.
- Jackson says he liked the way Spencer Drango played at left tackle on Saturday.
- "We'll miss him, but we've got to find a way to get it done" - Hue Jackson on the defense losing Jamie Collins.