CLEVELAND -- The shimmering centerpiece of Playhouse Square's renovation is finally in place.
Here's a breakdown by the numbers:
- Planning started in the early '90s.
- Construction began about 6 months ago.
- 5 different companies were involved.
- 580 miles was the distance traveled to Cleveland for most of the chandelier after it was manufactured in Montreal.
- The chandelier is 20 feet tall.
- It's 17 feet in diameter.
- Steel alone weighs 4,500 pounds.
- It features 4,200 crystals.
- Each crystal was hand-polished for 15 minutes.
- It took a crew of about 15 to place the chandelier in its final resting place.
- Designed to withstand 100 mph winds.
- Chandelier lit for the public for first time on May 2 during "Dazzle the District"