Winter Driving Tips:
- Allow enough time to arrive at your destination. Slow down in wet, snowy conditions.
- Keep your gas tank full.
- Brush off all of your windows and lights. This helps you see & be seen!
- Replace your wiper blades annually / re-fill your washer fluid reservoir - you use more in the winter.
- Know how to recover from a skid / turn into a skid, release the accelerator.
- Keep tires in good condition & properly inflated.
- If possible, stay off the roads during extreme snowy and icy conditions.
Winter Fuel Economy Tips:
- Check tire pressure monthly and keep it in the recommended range.
- Plan your trips ahead of time to reduce small trips. Longer trips are better for your vehicle so they spend less time in warm-up mode.
- Park in a garage when possible - it shortens the time needed to reach full operating temperature.
- Go easy on the accelerator - no speedway starts followed by aggressive braking.