CLEVELAND -- The Cleveland Browns drafted Baylor defensive tackle Phil Taylor Thursday night in the first round of the 2011 NFL Draft.
Here's some facts and stats that the best Browns fans should know:
• Taylor is the first defensive lineman drafted by the Browns in the first round since 2001, when the club selected Gerard Warren (Florida) with the third overall pick.
• Taylor is the third defensive tackle picked by the Browns in the first round, joining Warren and Doug Atkins (Tennessee) in 1953.
• Taylor is the 16th player drafted by Cleveland from Baylor and the first since fullback Marcus Strait in the sixth round in 1994.
• Taylor is the first Baylor player selected by the Browns in the first round.
• Taylor is the second 21st overall selection by the Browns in the last three years (2009 - Alex Mack) and sixth in franchise history.
• The list of all-time Browns 21st overall selections:
2011 - DL Phil Taylor
2009 - C Alex Mack
2003 - C Jeff Faine
1988 - LB Clifford Charlton
1970 - OL Bob McKay
1968 - DE Marv Upshaw
• Taylor traveled to Kenya on a mission trip with Baylor student-athletes in May, 2010.
• Baylor's Associate Head Coach, Brian Norwood, is the father of Browns wide receiver Jordan Norwood.
• Taylor is the first defensive lineman selected with the 21st overall pick of the NFL Draft since Vince Wilfork was drafted by the New England Patriots in 2004.
• With his first round selection, Taylor joined Baylor teammate Danny Watkins (23rd overall - Philadelphia) as the first pair of Baylor players to be selected in the first round of an NFL Draft. Including Taylor and Watkins, Baylor has now had eight first-round picks since the inception of the common draft in 1967.
• With two picks in the second round tomorrow (37th and 59th overall), this will be the third straight year that the Browns have multiple second round draft choices.
The last two drafts included:
2a. DB T.J. Ward (38th overall)
2b. RB Montario Hardesty (59th overall)
2a. WR Brian Robiskie (36th overall)
2b. WR Mohamed Massaquoi (50th overall)
2c. LB David Veikune (52nd overall)
Stats and facts courtesy Cleveland Browns.