If your weekend plans take you anywhere on I-77 north or south of Cleveland, be ready for lane closures as crews work to complete paving on the project adding a lane to the highway between I-490 and Oakes Road.
The following closures will impact drivers traveling in Cleveland, Cuyahoga Heights, Newburgh Heights, Independence, Broadview Heights and Brecksville.
These are separate closures from those on I-90 as part of the Innerbelt project. See the additional links for more info on that project.
For I-77 travelers the closures and times are below.
On Friday, July 8, crews will
- Close two lanes of I-77 northbound between Rockside Road and I-480 from 7 p.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, July 9.
- Close multiple lanes on I-77 north and southbound between Rockside Road and SR 82 at various times from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. Saturday, July 9.
- Close the I-77 northbound ramp to I-480 east and westbound from 9:30 p.m. to 8 a.m. Saturday, July 9. Motorists will be detoured via I-77 northbound to Grant Avenue to I-77 southbound.
- Close the Rockside Road entrance ramp to I-77 northbound from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. Saturday, July 9. Motorists will be detoured via Pleasant Valley Road.
- Close the I-77 northbound exit ramp to Wallings Road, the Wallings Road entrance ramp to I-77 northbound, the Pleasant Valley Road entrance ramp to I-77 southbound and the I-77 southbound exit ramp to Pleasant Valley Road at various times from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. Saturday, July 9.
At 12 midnight, crews will close the right lane of I-77 southbound between Granger and Rockside Roads until 8 p.m. on Saturday, July 9.
On Saturday, July 9, crews will:
- Close the I-480 westbound ramp to I-77 southbound and one lane of the I-480 eastbound ramp to I-77 southbound from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. Motorists will be detoured via I-77 northbound to Grant Avenue to I-77 southbound.