CLEVELAND -- ODOT has accelerated work at Carnegie and Ontario avenues so that all lanes on Ontario will be open in time for the Horseshoe Cleveland Casino opening.
After the Friday evening rush hour, the lanes on Ontario will be opened.
The lanes on Carnegie will be reopened approximately one week later. Minor paving work will continue in the area, but will not affect rush hour traffic or special events.
Crews will return to the intersection to complete remaining segments in mid-July.
This weekend (May 12-13) from 4 a.m. early Saturday until 4 a.m. on Monday, the following downtown closures will be in place:
- E 9th Street will be closed under I-90;
- The E 9th Street exit from I-90 east will be closed;
- The E 9th Street exit from I-77 north will be closed;
- The E 9th Street entrance ramp to I-77 south will be closed.
Motorists are encouraged to use alternate routes including Ontario and East 14th streets.
Additional impacts to traffic
- Gateway Impacts Monday through Friday, E 9th Street will have lane restrictions under I-90 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Monday through Friday, E 9th Street entrance to I-77 south may have intermittent closures between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m.
- Tremont Impacts: Starkweather Avenue will remain closed under I-90 through Friday, May 18, while crews remove the final section of bridge deck on the I-90 west ramp over Starkweather. Use Fairfield, Kenilworth or Clark.
- Monday thru Friday, 7 a.m. to 4 p.m., the Abbey Avenue Bridge will continue to operate with alternating one-way traffic. Motorists are reminded to stop at the designated signal location and remain stopped until they have the green light. Abbey Avenue will shift into a long-term one-way westbound condition before morning rush hour on Monday, May 21.
For more information, go to Innerbelt.org
Attention RTA Transit Users: On Saturday, May 12, ODOT's regional partners at RTA are shutting down all East Side rapid transit service (Red, Green, and Blue Lines) so the Innerbelt project team can perform work over the tracks.
RTA will be running replacement bus service to carry passengers along each of the rail lines during the outage.
Visit RideRTA.com for more information or call the RTAnswerline at (216) 621-9500.