WILLOUGHBY -- Several fire crews spent early Tuesday morning fighting flames at a house in Willoughby.
Willoughby Fire Chief Al Zwegat said police were first to arrive on the scene after a neighbor called 911.
Two people were inside sleeping at the time. Officers knocked on the door, woke them up and got them to safety. They were treated for smoke inhalation on scene.
Fire crews arrived moments later and found the house filled with smoke and fire in the back of the home.
Crews also reported a propane tank near the flames in the back of the home and power lines nearby. The fire was declared out at 2:30 a.m., although units were still called to the scene for fire in the walls of the home.
Later Tuesday, Zwegat said the cause of the fire was accidental in nature but from discarded smoking materials.
Damage estimate is $70,000, as the kitchen, and a 3-season porch were completely destroyed, and significant damage was made to the living and dining room.
The entire house, including the second story, has smoke damage and is unlivable.