CLEVELAND-- The 4th Annual Cops Ride took place in downtown Cleveland Sunday morning.
The event kicked off at the Greater Cleveland Peace Officers Memorial with an opening ceremony.
From there, participants traveled with a police escort through Cuyahoga County to the Harley Davidson Sales in Cleveland.
The event, which honors fallen officers, specifically remembered the six Ohio officers who were killed in the line of duty in 2011:
- Sgt. Brian Scott Dulle, Warren County Sheriff, EOW May 10, 2011
- Officer Andrew Scott Dunn, Sandusky PD, EOW March 19, 2011
- Captain Daniel Patrick Stiles, Uniontown PD, EOW February 15, 2011
- Officer Jonathan V Bastork, Stow PD, EOW February 5, 2011
- Officer Tom Hayes, Columbus PD, EOW January 20, 2011
- Deputy Sheriff Suzanne Michelle Hopper, Clark County , EOW January 1, 2011
The event emcee was WKYC's own Monica Robins, and speakers included Ohio Concerns of Police Officers Survivors (Ohio C.O.P.S.), President Lisa Kaffenberger and the father of Cleveland Police Officer Derek Owens who was killed on March 1 2008.
The event hoped to raise $10,000 to donate to Ohio C.O.P.S. which benefits the families of Ohio's fallen officers.