CLEVELAND -- Five adults and four children escaped a burning house, just south of downtown Cleveland early Thursday morning.
The fire was first reported before 5:30 a.m. Thursday in the 3500 block of Kimmel Road.
All nine people were able to get out of the house before firefighters arrived.
So far, one person has been taken to the hospital.
There is no word on the extent of anyone's injuries or how the fire started.
Channel 3 News crews report seeing casings and wrappers for various fireworks products all over the area.
Witnesses at the scene say fireworks were still being fired in the neighborhood as recently as 4 a.m.