CLEVELAND -- The Greater Cleveland Aquarium now offers a special experience where visitors can feed the sharks and rays, and get a behind-the-scenes tour.
As part of the program, an aquarist will take visitors to the food preparation area, where they can learn about animal diets and feeding techniques.
After that, visitors can apply what they learned and feed some of these wonderful creatures by hand (and using a pole) that live in the aquarium's 11,000 gallon tank exhibit.
• It costs $70 per person ($60 for pass holders).
• Must be 13 years or older to participate.
• Groups of 2-6 people.
• Dates available to book:
1) Tuesday 9 a.m. - 10 a.m.
2) Tuesday 6 p.m. - 7 p.m.
3) Saturday 9 a.m. - 10 a.m.
The package includes:
• Opportunity to hand-feed rays and pole-feed sharks in Touch Tank
• Back-of-the-house tour to the food preparation area
• Admission to the aquarium
• Green screen photo of group
To book one of these adventures for yourself, call (216) 862-8803. Payment is due at the time of the reservation.
Note: Guests will be handling raw seafood. Please notify aquarium staff of any allergies at the time of reservation.
You can email Joe Cronauer at email@example.com.