CLEVELAND -- The Cleveland Fire Department responded to Riverside Recycling at 4195 Bradley Road late Tuesday for reports of a machine on fire. There were reports that the machine overheated and was shooting out bullets, which is one of the products recycled.
One man's shirt caught on fire and he sustained burns to his face, chest and arms. He was transported to MetroHealth Medical Center.
The Cleveland Fire Public Information Officer said two other workers attempted to put out the fire with a dry chemical product but were unsuccessful.
The Fire Department staged behind a wall to fight the fire since the machine started firing rounds of bullets. They successfully extinguished the fire. Crews remain on scene late Tuesday.
The investigation continues.
Stay with wkyc and wkyc.com for more details on this developing story.