CANTON -- It's pigskin party time.
The 2012 roster of events for the annual Pro Football Hall of Fame Enshrinement Festival is filled higher than a bowl of chips on Superbowl Sunday.
Many of the annual events have already been held, including the popular Balloon Classic Invitational in which dozens of colorful hot air balloons dot the Stark County sky -- but there's still loads to come before the 2012 celebration reaches the end zone.
- Ribs burnoff: Aug. 1-3 from 11 a.m. - 10:30 p.m. There's plenty of barbecue to go around as the finger-lickin' event returns to the Stark County Fairgrounds. In addition to all the eats, there are several live concerts including the Gin Blossoms (Aug. 1), Jason Michael Carroll (Aug. 2) and Saving Abel (Aug. 3). Each concert is slated to begin at 8:30 p.m. There is free standing room available, but you can grab a better spot for $5 or $9.
- First play 2012: Thursday, Aug. 2 at 10 a.m. Officials say this event kicks off the 2012 NFL preseason as a football is tossed from one youngster to another. Each participant will be stretched in a three-mile long human chain from the Frank T. Bow building in downtown Canton (201 2nd Street SW) where the NFL was founded in 1920, all the way to the Pro Football Hall of Fame. More than 1,500 area youths are expected to participate.
- Fashion show luncheon: Friday, Aug. 3 at 11:30 a.m. An anticipated crowd of 3,500 guests will gobble down lunch, followed by a fashion show with 170 of the season's hottest fashions from 17 regional stores. Tickets required.
- Enshrinees' gold jacket dinner at Memorial Civic Center and Cultural Center: Friday, Aug. 3: 5:15 p.m. The 2012 class of enshrinees -- Jack Butler, Dermontti Dawson, Chris Doleman, Cortez Kennedy, Curtis Martin and Willie Roaf -- receive their Hall of Fame gold jacket. The night kicks off with a cocktail party and dinner with nearly 80 returning Hall of Famers expected to be there for the big celebration. Tickets required.
- Friday night reception at Pro Football Hall of Fame: Friday, Aug. 3: 6 p.m. Watch as the 2012 enshrinees receive their golden jackets on large televisions throughout the museum. Food and beer will be available. Tickets required.
- Timken Grand Parade: Saturday, Aug. 4 a.m. The 2.2-mile route through downtown Canton is expected to draw nearly 200,000 spectators. In addition to the 2012 enshrinees, dozens of previous Hall of Famers are expected to be a part of the parade. It also showcases giant helium balloons, marching bands, specialty units and floats. The parade steps off on Cleveland Avenue near 5th Street SW and travels on Cleveland Avenue to 25th Street NW.
- Mounted memories autograph sessions: Saturday, Aug. 4 at noon. Fans will be grabbing autographs at the Pro Football Hall of Fame from enshrinees who are returning to Canton. Tickets required.
- Enshrinement celebration fan party: Saturday, Aug. 4 from 4-6 p.m. The Pro Football Hall of Fame welcomes this annual tailgate party to help get fans geared up for the enshrinement ceremony. Tickets required.
- Enshrinement Ceremony: Saturday, Aug. 4 at 7 p.m. Jack Butler, Dermontti Dawson, Chris Doleman, Cortez Kennedy, Curtis Martin and Willie Roaf will be enshrined in the Pro Football Hall of Fame at Fawcett Stadium. These six men will bring the total number of enshrinees to 273. Tickets required.
- Enshrinees' gameday roundtable: Sunday, Aug. 5 at 12:30 p.m. The 2012 class of ensrhinees take center stage at the Memorial Civic Center and Cultural Center for an unscripted, up-close-and-personal discussion as they share stories and memories from their careers. Tickets required.
- Class of 2012 autograph session: Sunday, Aug. 5 at 3 p.m. Fans will get to meet the six new enshrinees and get autographs from each at the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Tickets required.
- Fan appreciation tailgate party: Sunday, Aug. 5 from 5-7:30 p.m. The first NFL pre-season game is partied up with a special tailgate party with food, drinks and music at the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Tickets required.
- NFL Hall of Fame game: Sunday, Aug. 5: 8 p.m. The Arizona Cardinals and the New Orleans Saints play the first pre-season game of the year on Hall of Fame Field in Fawcett Stadium. Tickets required.
- Drum corps international competition: Monday, Aug. 6: 6:30 p.m. The 2012 festivities wrap up with eight of the best drum corps in America -- including five of the top 12 -- at Paul Brown Tiger Stadium in Massillon. Competing against Canton's own Bluecoats are groups from Tempe (Ariz.), Denver (Colo.), Boston (Mass.), Allentown (Pa.), Diamond Bear (Calif.), Rockford (Ill.) and Milwaukee (Wis.). Tickets required.