Concord: Restaurant kitchen area catches on fire

7:45 PM, Aug 24, 2012   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

CONCORD -- Friday afternoon a kitchen prep area at the Redhawk Grille Restaurant caught on fire.

The fire was reported at 541 p.m.  Nearly a dozen fire departments responded to help Concord fight this fire. The fire was called under control by 5:55 p.m. but there is extensive damage to the kitchen prep area.

There were patrons in the restaurant when the fire began.  Everyone successfully evacuated.  There were no injuries.

Late Friday night fire officials remain on scene combing through the ashes trying to figure out what may have triggered this fire.  Two areas they are concentrating on are a fryer and an air conditioning unit.

The Redhawk Grille Restaurant is on Auburn Road in Concord.

Smoke could be seen from people at the nearby golf course and area residents.

Fire officials at the scene told Channel 3 News Crews that the actual restaurant does not appear to have actual fire damage.  However, while investigators look into this incident, the restaurant will remain closed.

WKYC-TV

Most Watched Videos