CONCORD -- Moosee the cat is fighting a severe infection after being abandoned outside a Concord animal shelter.
Moosee and another cat were left in a small hamper taped shut outside 'Caroline's Kids Pet Rescue.'
The shelter said when they discovered the cats there was a note that said the owners couldn't take care of the cats anymore.
There was a pool of urine in the bottom of the hamper that severely burned Moosee.
"So the bottom cat all the urine that it had been laying in had gotten all over its skin, burned it, scalded it, and caused a severe infection," said Ellen Distler, Caroline's Kids Pet Manager.
The cat was taken to Big Creek Veterinarian Hospital where doctors said the cat will need surgery to survive.
Click If You Would Like To Donate To Moosee