MENTOR -- The opening of latest Melt Bar and Grilled at Points East Plaza has been delayed until Nov. 2 because of the Sept. 27 fire that caused about $75,000 to $100,000 in damage.
The Mentor Fire Department says the kitchen fire was started above the sprinkler system while a worker was welding new duct work to a vent hood system.
Sparks likely ignited old grease from the location's previous occupant Jalapeno Loco. The fire then spread to the roof.
This will be Melt's first Lake County location.