CLEVELAND -- Thanksgiving recipes and tips from Joe Cronauer's segment with a Cleveland Ritz-Carlton chef.
Turkey Tips From Chef Richard Sören Arnoldi
• Brine the turkey 24 hours prior to cooking.
• Inject the turkey with marinade.
• Rub the turkey skin with butter.
• Don't stuff the turkey! Instead, season the cavity.
• Add carrots, celery, onions and water to the cooking pan.
• Cook the turkey 20 minutes per pound.
• Tie the legs back and flip the wings under the turkey.
• Cook the turkey with the legs facing the back of the oven.
• Cook the turkey on racks and save the drippings.
• Let the turkey rest for 20 minutes before cutting.
Confit Porcini And Foie Gras Duck Sausage Stuffing
• 1 pound porcini
• 1 pound foie gras duck sausage
• 1 pound croutons
• 1 gallon chicken stock
• 1 gallon water
• 2 cups liquid eggs
• Handfull of dry sage
• Handfull of dry thyme
• Handfull of fresh sage
• ½ tablespoon granulated garlic
• 1 cup blended olive oil
• 2.5 pounds onions
• 2.5 pounds celery
• 6 tablespoons butter
• 2 ounces duck fat
Combine ingredients, bake at 300° for 30 to 45 minutes.
Grand Marnier Cranberry Chutney
• 1/2 case of fresh cranberries
• 1 jar currant jelly
• 4 cups port wine
• 4 cups cranberry juice
• 4 cups orange juice
• 5 lbs. sugar
• Orange zest from 5 oranges
• 1 cup Grand Marnier
• Sachet, 1 each (see below)
• Fresh Ginger
Simmer liquids with sachet and sugar for one hour and until sugar dissolves. Maintain heat, but do not boil. Add fresh berries and currant jelly, simmer until berries break down and thickening begins. Fold in zest and salt slightly if needed.
Green Beans With Sundried Tomatoes, Chipped Pork Jowl And Fried Baby Vidalia Onions
3 cups blanched green beans
1 cup sundried tomatoes, julienned
1 cup shaved vidalia onion, fried
1 cup smoked pork jowl, picked
½ ounce minced garlic
1 tablespoon butter
Pickup pre-blanched Green Beans in boiling salted water. In a sauté pan, sauté Minced Garlic on medium heat. Add Tomatoes, Jowls and Green Beans. Sauté together, finish with Butter. Salt and Pepper to taste. Garnish with fried Onions.
All holiday events at the downtown Ritz-Carlton can be found at www.ritzcarlton.com/cleveland or by calling (216) 902-5255.