CLEVELAND -- Your connection to traffic conditions and incident reports from WTAM 1100 Total Traffic and wkyc.com for Thursday, Jan. 31, 2013.
Weather Advisory: High winds and a mix of freezing rain and snow, followed by lake effect snow expected starting at 6 a.m.
The heavy wind gusts of 35 mph or more are coming out the west and northwest, making driving westbound more challenging.
Here's the latest from Pat Butler and WTAM Total Traffic:
- Multi-car crash on 480 W on the Valley View Bridge
Accident 90 E before W. 25th
271 N still stop n go from Macedonia to Bedford.
480 W slow from Twinsburg to 271
In Summit Co. 77 N slow from Akron-Canton Airport to Central Interchange
In Summit Co. Rt. 21 slow both ways between Norton and Montrose.
• EASTBOUND TRAFFIC ONLY on Cedar Ave. from E. 89th St. to MLK Jr. Dr.; westbound traffic detours to Carnegie Ave. until June 2014
• E. 21st St. on ramp to I-77 SB CLOSED until both Innerbelt Bridges are completed (approx. 2016)
• Ontario St. on ramp to Innerbelt south/west CLOSED until late July 2013
• Abbey Ave. exit from Innerbelt south/west CLOSED until late 2013
Cuyahoga County Notes
Valley View: Towpath CLOSED due to flooding
Westlake: Broken water main at Dover Center and Hilliard roads. Intersection is open, but use caution in the area. Water could freeze on the roadway.
Lake County Notes
Painesville: Vrooman Rd CLOSED at Grand River due to flooding
Other Construction Notes
• Macedonia: Highland Rd. EB/WB CLOSED west of Roll And Hold Pkwy. for work on railroad tracks though mid-Oct. 2013
• Avon: Nagle Rd. CLOSED NB/SB on I-90 overpass for new interchange construction through Sept. 2013
• Mentor: Heisley Rd. (S.R. 44) CLOSED over S.R. 2 through mid-Oct. 2013; expect periodic daily LANE CLOSURES on S.R. 2 under Heisley Rd. during off-peak travel hours