As you get ready to file your taxes, there are some things you can do to make the process easier on yourself.
WKYC money expert, Kevin Myeroff offers some tips.
Some potential holdups that may delay you filing your return:
• 1099 forms (from broker or financial planner) may be sent at end of Feb. instead of Jan.
• K1 forms from partnerships
Steps you can take now to get your taxes together:
• Set up your filing system
• Dig out last year's returns and documents
• Make a list of expected documents
• Make a list of new items for 2012 (529 plans)
• Make an appointment with a tax professional