CHARDON -- Social media has been filled with commentary as T.J. Lane entered guilty pleas to multiple charges tied to the shootings at Chardon High School.
Lane, 18, will be sentenced on March 19 at 9:30 a.m.
Here's what some viewers had to say on our Facebook and Twitter pages:
- Deanna: I think that the entire case is very sad. This child should have been offered counseling or some type of mental health assistance prior to the horrible shooting. He plead guilty as a result of being told to do so. What does it prove and what does it solve. Lives were lost.
- Beth: he didn't even flinch no sign of caring about what he did
- Guy: Why does it take the judicial system to drag its feet and take a year. What is wrong with this country?
- Eric: No emotion is classic sociopath behavior. Scott Peterson, Jeffrey Dahmer, ect.
- Mary: sad for all involved
- Brian: Don't care anymore. Tired of hearing about it.
- Mindy: Well.. he's GUILTY, so DUH! But I betcha he did it so he could get a lighter sentence.
- Rhonda: Sadly, it's what's wrong with our country. I say an eye for an eye...he will have a warm place to stay and food in his mouth, unlike many struggling families who are upstanding honest citizens. We should be helping those that try to help themselves. TJ Lane, while young, made a conscious choice to kill. He should be given the death penalty.
- Bob: It's about time he pleaded guilty. His attorney was the one who has been getting rich off this case.
- Rick: Let healing come, that we may be able to move on and find peace.
- Michael: That look on his face says that he is proud of his actions. Fry him i say why waste tax payers dollars for him to live a good life in jail. Jail now a days is like a resort for these criminals.
What are your thoughts? Leave a comment in the section below.