WARREN -- Hundreds of mourners in a northeast Ohio community flocked to the first of six funerals for the teenagers killed when a speeding sport utility vehicle crashed last weekend.
Media outlets report a wake and funeral services Friday at a Warren church for 15-year-old Kirklan Behner were well-attended. Family and friends say the ninth-grader loved to make others laugh and was known to shovel snow or carry groceries to help his neighbors.
He and five more teens drowned Sunday when an SUV struck a guardrail and flipped into a swampy pond in Warren, about 50 miles southeast of Cleveland.
Authorities say the 19-year-old driver didn't have a valid license. Her funeral services are scheduled Saturday.
Four more teenage boys also died. Their funeral services are planned between Sunday and Tuesday. Services as below:
- Alexis Cayson, 19: Funeral March 16. Calling hours proceed service from 10 a.m. to noon at the Greater Apostolic Church
- Daylan Ray, 15: Funeral service March 18 at 11 a..m at Greater Apostolic Church. Calling hours 9 to 11 a.m. at the church prior to service.
- Brandon Murray, 14: Funeral March 18 at 11 a.m. at Grace AME Church. Calling hours: March 17 from 6 to 8 p.m. at Sterling-McCollough Funeral Home.
- Andrique Bennett, 14: Funeral March 18 at noon at Triedstone Baptist Church. Calling hours from 5 to 7 p.m. on March 17 at the church.
- Ramone White, 15: Funeral March 19 at noon at the New Freedom Baptist Church. Calling hours from 4 to 6 p.m. on March 18 at the Washington Funeral Home.
THe Associated Press