CLEVELAND -- Your traffic updates and information for Tuesday, July 16, 2013 from WTAM 1100 Total Traffic and WKYC.
7:06 a.m.: Wickliffe: Accident blocking shoulder on Rt. 2 (Lake County) WB at Lloyd Rd moved to right shoulder.
6:51 a.m.: Wickliffe: Accident blocking center lane on Rt 2 (Lake County) WB at Lloyd Rd
6:40 a.m.: Cleveland: Slow traffic on I-71 NB between Metro Health Curve and Innerbelt Bridge
6:28 a.m.: Looking for the cheapest gas in town? Try these links:
6:14 a.m.: Mostly light volume on most of our major highways
6:01 a.m.: Clarification on Grafton road closure: Structure fire forcing Avon Belden Road closed from where OH-83 merges with OH-57 to OH-303. Details as story develops: http://on.wkyc.com/12FNdFB
5:58 a.m.: Sunrise is at 6:07 a.m. today. Another scorcher expected on our hands with highs in the 90s and plenty of humidity.
5:25 a.m.: A structure fire in Grafton Township has forced authorities to close OH-83 (Avon Belden Road) at OH-57 (Grafton Eastern Road). Details as story develops: http://on.wkyc.com/12FNdFB
4:38 a.m.: Summit County: Two lanes closed due to road construction on I-77 NB between Waterloo Rd and Wilbeth Rd. Construction scheduled to leave only the left lane open from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m.
4:30 a.m.: Solon police and FBI standoff keeps Liberty Road closed from Aurora Road to Woodbury Drive. Police are assisting residents who need to get in and out of their homes. More on this story: http://on.wkyc.com/16IqXbR
• Medina County: Eastbound down to ONE LANE from S.R. 57 to Medina/Summit county line through Sept. 2013
• Wadsworth: EB on-ramp closed at Rt 261 through October.
• Canton: Roadway reduced to two lanes NB/SB between Tuscarawas/Stark County Line and Fohl St/Exit 99 through September for road resurfacing.
• Richfield: Road construction. Left lane closed. I 80/Ohio Turnpike WB between I 77 and I-71 through late November.
• Ashtabula County: Various LANE RESTRICTIONS eastbound and westbound east of S.R. 84 (Conneaut River bridge) to PA state line until Oct. 2013
• Lorain County: Down to TWO LANES EB & WB, east of S.R. 57 through Nov. 2013
• Avon/Westlake: Down to TWO LANES EB, from S.R. 83 to Crocker/Bassett roads
• Harvard Ave/Harvard Rd bridge closed EB/WB between E 100th St and E 103rd St. through October 2013 as crews replace the bridge structure over the railroad tracks. Drivers will be detoured via East 93rd Street, Miles Avenue and Martin Luther King Jr. Drive to avoid the closure.
• EASTBOUND TRAFFIC ONLY on Cedar Ave. from E. 89th St. to MLK Jr. Dr.; westbound traffic detours to Carnegie Ave. until June 2014
• E. 21st St. on ramp to I-77 SB CLOSED until both Innerbelt Bridges are completed (approx. 2016)
• Ontario St. on ramp to Innerbelt south/west CLOSED until late July 2013
• Abbey Ave. exit from Innerbelt south/west CLOSED until late 2013
• Memorial Pkwy. will be reduced to one lane in each direction at the Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railway bridge, west of Hickory St., until approximately April 19, 2013, in preparation for replacement of the bridge.
• Akron: Road reconstruction scheduled to leave one lane getting by in each direction through late July on W. Wilbeth Rd, both EB/WB between S Manchester Rd Byp and Dallas Ave
Other Construction Notes
• Westlake: Bridge demolition work on Detroit Rd in both directions, west of Clague Rd. Bridge Replacement over Sperry Creek scheduled to leave only one lane getting by in each direction through late October.
• Canton: Dueber Ave SW closed in both directions over I 77 (US 62) for bridge repairs through late June. The detour is Bolivar Rd to Sherman Church Ave to SR 627.
• Gates Mills/Mayfield Heights: Mayfield Rd closed WB between County Line Rd and Rt 91/Som Center Rd until July.
• Dover: W Wilbeth Rd EB/WB down to one lane in each direction between S Manchester Rd Byp and Dallas Ave through late July
• Macedonia: Highland Rd. EB/WB CLOSED west of Roll And Hold Pkwy. for work on railroad tracks though mid-Oct. 2013
• Avon: Lear Nagle Rd. CLOSED NB/SB on I-90 overpass for new interchange construction through Sept. 2013
• Mentor: Heisley Rd. (S.R. 44) CLOSED over S.R. 2 through mid-Oct. 2013; expect periodic daily LANE CLOSURES on S.R. 2 under Heisley Rd. during off-peak travel hours