COLUMBUS -- Voters in about a third of Ohio's counties held special elections Tuesday.
The Ohio Secretary of State office says there were about 28 issues total across 23 counties Tuesday. Of those, 19 are school issues.
Below are the issues on the ballot for Northeast Ohio voters according to the Ohio Secretary of State's office (See also attached PDF.)
All results are unofficial.
- Carroll A 0.5-mill additional building and improvement levy for the Brown Local School District passed 844 (52 percent) to 777 (48 percent).
- Cuyahoga A 7.8-mill renewal operating deficit levy for Brooklyn City School District failed 609 (50.37 percent) to 600 (49.63 percent).
- Erie A 6.73-mill emergency addition levy in the Perkins Local School District failed 2,482 (54 percent) to 2,142 (46 percent).
- Medina A 6.3-mill emergency renewal levy for the Cloverleaf Local School District passed 2,340 (52 percent) to 2,134 (48 percent).
- Medina An 8.3-mill emergency addition levy for the Cloverleaf Local School District failed 2,481 (44 percent) to 1,980 (56 percent).
- Medina A 3.2-mill additional levy in Litchfield for fire and EMS services passed 185 (52 percent) to 169 (48 percent).
- Portage A 5.5-mill levy for current expenses and permanent improvements for the Field Local School District failed 1,861 (53 percent) to 1,659 (47 percent).
- Summit In Norton, an issue over sewer and water assessments had 1,812 "no" votes (52 percent) to 1,695 "yes" votes. Read more about that issue here.
- Wayne A 7.55-mill renewable operating deficit levy for the Orrville City School District passed 1,232 (71 percent) to 502 (29 percent).
Full directory of county Election Boards
The Associated Press