Officials identify suspected gunman in Navy Yard shootings

11:07 PM, Sep 16, 2013   |    comments
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +

Photo Gallery: Slideshow | Washington Navy Yard shooting

Video: Witness to Navy Yard shooting: 'It was pop, pop, pop'

Video: Gunfire erupts at Washington Navy Yard

Video: 13th person dies after Navy Yard shooting

Video: Suspect identified in Navy Yard shootings; death toll 13

  • Photo by Alex Wong, Getty Images.
    
DOWNLOAD OUR FREE WKYC APPS
 

WASHINGTON -- D.C. Police Chief Cathy Lanier says authorities believe there was only a lone gunman responsible for the Navy Yard shooting rampage that left 13 people dead.

Authorities had earlier said they were searching for a possible second suspect. Mayor Vincent Gray says the 12 shooting victims range in age from 46 to 73 years old. 

The gunman, identified as 34-year-old Aaron Alexis, was also killed.

Gray said at a news conference late Monday night that they are still notifying the families of about half of the 12 people who were killed.

The FBI says the gunman used a valid pass to get on to the Navy Yard.

Gannett

Most Watched Videos