The new Federal Health Insurance Market, also known as the Exchange, opens online on Oct. 1. The exchange is to help the uninsured find affordable coverage. All Americans are required to have coverage by Jan. 1, according to the Federal Affordable Care Act.
The website for access and information is www.healthcare.gov.
The help hot line number is (800) 318-2596. It is active now and available in 150 languages.
If you do not have Internet access, go to your public library for assistance. There are information seminars being held at four Cleveland public libraries this Thursday and Friday. Click HERE for times and locations. Seminars are put on by CareSource.
Or contact one of the community partners for assistance.
- UHCAN Ohio: 216-241-8422
- Ohio Association of Foodbanks: Click HERE
- Neighborhood Family Practice: 216-281-0872
- Care Alliance Health Center: 216-781-6724
- Asian Services in Action: 216-881-0330
- Cuyahoga Health Access Partnership: Click HERE
- Northeast Ohio Neighborhood Services: Click HERE
- Carmella Rose Health Foundation: Click HERE
- The Free Medical Clinic of Greater Cleveland: 216-721-4010
- Hispanic Alliance of Cleveland: 216-661-4249
- Western Reserve Area Agency on Aging: 1-800-626-7277
- United Way: 211