BEREA, Ohio -- As the Browns' injury situation continues to shake itself out, two key players will be inserted into the starting lineup Sunday.
Browns right guard Shawn Lauvao has been out since the preseason with an ankle injury. He has practiced all week and should be ready to start against the Bengals.
The team has needed a spark on the right side of the offensive line. Oniel Cousins, who has been starting in Lauvao's place, struggled alongside tackle Mitchell Schwartz. Cousins was limited in practice with a chest injury.
Browns first round pick Barkevious Mingo is also slated to start Sunday, in place of injured linebacker Jabaal Sheard. Sheard has been held out of practice all week with a knee injury.
Browns Head Coach Rob Chudzinski believes Mingo is ready to make his first career start.
"I have all of the confidence. We've been rolling and rotating those guys," Chudzinski told reporters Wednesday. "Mingo has been getting his share of reps, especially this past game."
Drafted as a pass rusher, Chudzinski has been pleased with Mingo's work defending the run.
"He's done well against the run. He's improved in that area tremendously. He's a guy that plays with really good leverage, and he plays stronger than what you would expect or think because he plays with such good leverage," Chudzinski said. "Obviously, his athleticism allows him to do some things and create some problems with guys that are trying to block him."
NEWS AND NOTES:
- K Billy Cundiff (right thigh) has been held out of practice all week... Chudzinski may use P Spencer Lanning to replace him if Cundiff can't play
- LB Quentin Groves (ankle) and DL Billy Winn (quadricepts) haven't practiced yet this week... their game status will be determined Friday
- QB Brandon Weeden is already a scratch for Sunday's game with a thumb injury
- Greg Little will be the Browns' primary kickoff returner going forward
- RB Willis McGahee expects more carries with a week of practice under his belt
- PRACTICE SQUAD MOVES: Seattle signed OL Caylin Hauptmann off of Cleveland's practice squad... Browns signed OL Jeremiah Warren in his place... Browns also shuffle defenders, waiving DB Kip Edwards and signing Lakewood native and St. Ed's grad LB Justin Staples