Getty Images: Matt Sullivan
The Indians will have a number of festivities for fans prior to Wednesday's game.
Former Tribe slugger Andre Thornton, a four-time all-star and Indians hall of famer, will throw out the ceremonial first pitch before the game.
Other festivities include:
- Veteran local singer Dan Polk will sing the national anthem.
- One, a U2 Tribute band, will play on Gateway Plaza beginning at 5:30 p.m.
- Budweiser will bring its Build-A-Bar to Gateway Plaza, where fans over the age of 21 can enjoy Budweiser products up until game time. The bar opens at 4:30 p.m.
- SportsTime Ohio's "All Bets Are Off," hosted by Bruce Drennan, will broadcast live from Gate C plaza (near the Bob Feller statue) from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- The "Mike Trivisonno Show" will broadcast live from the Champion Windows Studio inside Progressive Field from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. on Wednesday.
- WMMS' "The Alan Cox Show" will broadcast live from the corner of Rally Alley and Gateway Plaza from 3 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
All Gates for the Wild Card Game, which is a sellout, will open at 6 p.m. The Indians encourage fans to be in their seats early to see all the pre-game festivities.
Stadium Pre-Game Event Schedule (Gates open 6 p.m.)
- Indians batting practice: 5 -6 p.m.
- Rays batting practice: 6-6:50 p.m.
- Ceremonial First Pitch: 7:42 p.m. (Andre Thornton)
- Rays introduced: 7:44 p.m.
- Indians introduced: 7:47 p.m.
- National Anthem: 7:56 p.m. (Dan Polk)
- First Pitch: 8:07 p.m. (TV: TBS)