CLEVELAND -- It's been another day of wild weather across just about all of northern Ohio. Tornado warnings, severe thunderstorms, flood watches and warnings have been the order of the day. Below is a list of storm damage reports received at Channel 3. (Times are approximate).
Storm damage map
Photos from the storm
Here are some photos sent from Channel 3 viewers. You can submit photos using the links at the bottom of this page.
- 10:30 p.m. First Energy reports about 4500 customers in the Medina/Akron areas without power. First Energy hopes to have power to Akron/Medina restored by noon Friday. Hartville customers are expected to have power back by Friday afternoon. First Energy says it will take until Saturday to restore power to Massillon area.
- 10:30 p.m. Reports of two cows and one horse killed at collapse of dairy barns in Lodi. Neighbors came together to help rescue the other animals.
- 10:30 p.m. Roof damage at Black River Elementary-Middle School. Winds peeled back a portion of the roof over the gymnasium. Volunteers worked to save the wood flooring. Classrooms and bleachers on the grounds also suffered damage. Officials do not expect the opening of school to be delayed.
- More details emerging on a barn collapse on Kennard Road in Lodi. There are reports that some of the animals are trapped and that people are trying to rescue the animals.
- Report of a tree on top of a car and boat at Manchester Road south of Stump.
- Report of a tree down on Greensburg Road in Akron. Traffic lights out at Archwood & Kelly. Reports of an accident at the intersection; no injuries reported.
- Unconfirmed report from caller of a funnel cloud at Cleveland-Massillon Road near Spring Hill Golf Course. Reports of damage near the Upper Deck in the Portage Lakes.
- 6:19 p.m. Reports of trees, wires and telephone poles down in Creston. Wooster reporting tree limbs down and side streets blocked by trees and wires.
- 6:03 p.m. Unconfirmed report of a tornado touch down in Columbiana County near Beaver Creek State Park.
- 5:55 p.m. Report of a tree down on Woodland Avenue in west Akron. Report of wires down on Trenton Road in Ellet. Report of a tree down on Massillon Road.
- 5:45p.m. Amateur radio operators reporting roof off of Black River High School and trees down.
- 5:45 p.m. Amateur radio operators reporting several damaged buildings and trees down in Medina.
- 5:45 p.m. Amateur radio operators reporting roof of a factory blown off in Shelby in Richland County.
- 5:45 p.m. Amateur radio operators reporting 2 trees down on houses in Rittman as well as numerous trees, electric lines and poles down.
- 5:42 p.m. Channel 3's Paul Thomas reports that a huge gas station sign, the ones placed near the highway, has collapsed onto a car near Lodi.
- 5:35 p.m. Unconfirmed report of a funnel cloud spotted on Sandava and Granite Street in North Canton in Stark County.
- 5:33 p.m. Hopkins International Airport says it is running at a full schedule with no major delays. Akron-Canton Airport says there are minor delays and says pilots are waiting out theh storm, but a spokesman does not expect major flight delays.
- 5:29 p.m. Unconfirmed report from tip caller of a barn collapsed near Richman & Kennard Road near Lodi. Also receiving unconfirmed report of a house hit by lightning on Branch Road west of Medina.
- 5:27 p.m. Channel 3's Paul Thomas confirms reports at mile marker 206 on I-71 South a large tree (100'-125') has fallen onto the highway and is blocking one lane, not two. Traffic is being impacted because of the blocked lane. Mile marker 206 is near Lodi.
- 5:24 p.m. Doylestown reporting trees and tree limbs down following storm.
- 5:22 p.m. Richmond Heights reporting flooding on Richmond Road. Police asking drivers to avoid the area.
- 5:20 p.m. Reports of a possible, unconfirmed report of a tornado touch down near Massillon in Stark County.
- 5:19 p.m. Summit County Sheriff receiving reports of a tornado spotted in the Portage Lakes area south of Akron.
- 5:14 p.m. Lodi reported wires and trees down, and power outages. Rittman reporting minor damage including tress down and some power outages. Seville reporting widespread damages including trees down and power outages. Wadsworth reporting flooded streets.
- 5:13 p.m. Medina Highway Patrol reports 2 of the 3 southbound lanes of I-71 closed near Lodi because trees are down on the highway.
- Wooster Ohio Highway Patrol post reports a tree down across the road at SR 58 north of Mankin
- 5:07 p.m. Medina Ohio Highway Patrol post tells Channel 3 News it has received a report of a tornado spotted near Lodi.
- 4:47 p.m. Tip caller reports tornado sirens going off in Fairlawn. NWS issues Tornado Warning for Summit & Stark until 5:45 p.m.
- 4:47 p.m. Mansfield Ohio Highway Patrol post says its received report of tornado spotted in Shelby
- 4:35 p.m. Gates Mills reportingn flooding on SR 91
- 4:35 p.m. LaGrange reporting flooding around Commerce West
- 4:35 p.m. Ashland County Sheriff reports tress and wires down in northern half of the county concentrated in the Savannah and Bailey Lakes areas. The county had been under a tornado warning.
- 4:30 p.m. National Weather Service is reporting a roof has been blown off in the city of Shelby in Richland County. Richland is under a tornado warning until 4:45 p.m.
- 3 p.m. Damage reports from Columbiana County from first round of storms that moved through in the mid-morning and early afternoon hours. City of Salem reporting worst damage. Caller tells Channel 3 the storm caused a gas/propane leak and blew out windows at two car dealerships. Some businesses in Salem have shut down. Worst damage reported along State Street.
New weather tools
Try our new regional radar page, which you can also animate.
We also have live radar from across the country. Each of those radar sites can be animated, as well.
You could use these national radar sites to watch storms heading through Michigan or Indiana as they make their way towards north east Ohio.
Finally, we've also added a local satellite view that you can zoom in and out to see the contiguous 48 states.
Share your storm photos
Have a picture of damage from today's storms? Use the links below to send it to Channel 3 News.