Close Hero pit bull saves deaf boy from fire A 2-year-old pit bull named Ace is being called a hero after waking his deaf owner, a 13-year-old boy, during a devastating house fire. The teen's cochlear implants were turned off, so the dog licked his face to wake him up. WKYC 11:39 AM. EDT July 17, 2014 JOIN THE CONVERSATION To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the Conversation Guidelines and FAQs Leave a Comment TRENDING VIDEOS Legal immigrant criticizes Mexican father deported by U.S. Government Lone survivor of mom's attack: I saw my mom kill my family University Hospitals neurological surgeon discusses McCain's condition Final AM Weather for Thursday, July 20, 2017 Top Smart Home Security Sale - The Deal Guy Akron Police arrest suspected shooter of 21 year old pizza shop worker Raising Cane's may be coming to Strongsville Huron County Deportation - Will Ujek Health benefits from super spices: Recipe for 'Golden Tumeric Latte' Sen.JohnMcCaindiagnosedwithbraincancer More Stories O.J. Simpson granted parole, to be released early… Jul 20, 2017, 2:54 p.m. Akron man charged in pizza shop murder Jul 20, 2017, 10:16 a.m. Remains found in Elyria near Tierra Bryant search site Jul 20, 2017, 11:48 a.m.