SANDUSKY -- Sixteen Cedar Point employees were arrested early Sunday when Sandusky police responded to a large fight in a recreation area at Cedar Point Commons, which is the park's employee housing area.
Officers were on scene for another call when they learned of the fight about 3:15 a.m. and went to assist Cedar Point police.
Arrested for disorderly conduct and aggravated rioting were:
- Lawanda Harris, 21, of Detroit
- Cashia Moyer, 19, of Youngstown
- Lavon Epps, 19, of Flint, Mich.
- Jarrett Stennis, 22, of Southfield, Mich.
- Joshua Brown, 32, of Ypsilanti, Mich.
- Marquise Nicholson, 19, of Detroit
- DeShaun Harris, 20, of Flint, Mich.
- Galen Hobdy, 20, of Canton
- Brandon Williams, 21, of Flint, Mich.
- Curtis Prentice, 23, of Canton, also charged with resisting arrest
- Kyreese Whitacker, 21, of Flint, Mich.
- Dajon Williams, 19, of Roseville, Mich.
- Sterling Jenkins, 24, of Flint., Mich.
- Rick Miles, 23, of Flint., Mich.
- James Ewing, 21, of Detroit
- Ja'Quan Pittman, 22, of Flint, Mich.
Sandusky police arrived at the rec center to find Cedar Point officers struggling with a man and several other men trying to get at the officers.
Several other Cedar Point officers were struggling with three other men, who were swinging their arms at officers.
Another man, who refused to leave the area, then began pushing an officer.
Sandusky police called for backup and then observed three Cedar Point officers struggling with another man.
A short time later, police observed an officer struggling with three more men. One of them eventually had to be Tasered three times before he would comply with officers' order to get on the ground.
All 16 were taken to the Erie County Jail.
- Local business up when Cedar Point shuts down
- Cedar Point offers deal for reopening after water main break
- Coaster enthusiast takes his hobby to the next level
- LIST | 10 most popular Cedar Point rides
- FLASHBACK | Cedar Point's rides of past
- Geauga Lake: From Icon to Eyesore
A Cedar Point spokesman deferred requests for comment to Sandusky Municipal Court.
Cedar Point, Soak City and several area hotels were unexpectedly closed last Saturday and Sunday due to a large water main break. The park reopened on Monday morning.