CLEVELAND - With just days to go before Thanksgiving, a family has been torn apart.
Police say a father was found dead Tuesday at the Jennings Commons Apartments on Spring Road in what appears to be a drug overdose.
The man has been identified as 30-year-old Michael Dunaway.
Neighbors tell WKYC Channel 3 News that something did not seem right after seeing an ambulance there on Sunday and hearing the dad had overdosed.
Investigators say the man’s 4-year old had discovered him again and this time, the boy called his mother.
When help arrived, there was nothing anyone could do. The 30-year old was gone.
Neighbor Deelila Calderon described him as a good dad.
They say he leaves behind two young sons and had only been living there a few months at most.
It is unclear how long he had been dead. The medical examiner will determine the exact cause of death.