CLEVELAND -- Are you ready to spend your evenings wastin’ away again?
It was first announced in May that Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville would open a location in the Flats East Bank across from Punch Bowl Social on Front Avenue.
Now, we’re getting our first glimpse of image renderings that reveal more about the restaurant’s design:
- Outdoor seating area and lower-level "5 O'clock Somewhere Bar" with several flat-screen TVs.
- Lakeview rooftop "Landshark Bar" with signage boasting “Beach party day and night!”
- Attached Margaritaville store.
- Main entrance showcases classic Margaritaville sign featuring palm trees, sunset and parrot.
- Shark fin neon lights mounted to steel structure above main entrance and lower-level outdoor seating area.
- 7’ palm trees in concrete pots flank both sides of entrance.
- Signage celebrating the “5 o’clock somewhere” ideology is scattered throughout.
- A stage for live music is expected inside.
Although the initial announcement indicated Margaritaville would open in late 2016, the restaurant is now slated to open in spring 2017.
Margaritaville’s menu features foods like coconut shrimp, seafood macaroni and cheese, fish tacos, steak, grilled chicken and burgers. Yes, there’s even a “Cheeseburger in Paradise” complete with lettuce, tomato, Heinz 57 and French-fried potatoes -- just like Buffett’s song suggests.
There are numerous Margaritaville locations throughout the United States, with one other Ohio restaurant in Cincinnati.
© 2017 WKYC-TV