CLEVELAND -- Are you ready to waste away again in Margaritaville?
You will have to wait a little longer…
The opening of Cleveland’s hotly anticipated Margaritaville restaurant on Front Avenue in the Flats has been delayed until summer.
When the initial announcement of Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville coming to Cleveland was made last May, the restaurant was slated to open in late 2016. By October, however, that date was pushed back until spring 2017.
While officials connected with the project said the restaurant will debut this summer, they did not provide any official date.
There are numerous Margaritaville locations throughout the United States. Ohio's only other location was inside the JACK Cincinnati Casino, but it permanently closed earlier this week.
Margaritaville’s menu features foods like coconut shrimp, seafood macaroni and cheese, fish tacos, steak, grilled chicken and burgers. Yes, there’s even a “Cheeseburger in Paradise” complete with lettuce, tomato, Heinz 57 and French-fried potatoes -- just like Buffett’s song suggests.
See image renderings of the Cleveland Margaritaville:
Here are some of the features you will find inside Cleveland’s Margaritaville:
- Outdoor seating area and lower-level "5 O'clock Somewhere Bar" with several flat-screen TVs.
- Lakeview rooftop "Landshark Bar" with signage boasting “Beach party day and night!”
- Attached Margaritaville store.
- Main entrance with the classic Margaritaville sign.
- Shark fin neon lights mounted to the steel structure above the main entrance and lower-level outdoor seating area.
- 7’ palm trees in concrete pots flank both sides of entrance.
- Signage celebrating the “5 o’clock somewhere” ideology is scattered throughout.
- A stage for live music is expected inside.
© 2017 WKYC-TV