LAKEWOOD - Police are investigating an incident that left one man injured from using fireworks.
According to police, a 49-year-old man suffered severe injuries to his hand and leg while using fireworks at the 15600 block of Lake Avenue Tuesday night.
A 911 caller told dispatch the man's leg was "shredded up."
Neighbors near the explosion said the sound was deafening, one man even said he has hearing loss in his left ear.
Ashley Brown was walking to Lakewood Park for the fireworks show, but said the sound stopped her and her boyfriend in their tracks.
On Wednesday, police returned to the home where the explosion occurred to search for additional pieces.
At this time, the man's hand is mostly recovered.
© 2017 WKYC-TV