LYNDHURST, Ohio -- The Lyndhurst Fire Department is warning e-cigarette users to be cautious after a rechargeable battery exploded.
The e-cigarette battery exploded inside the pocket of a worker at a local business, according to a Facebook post from the fire department.
Officials say there were no injuries, but these type of incidents are on the rise.
The fire department warns e-cigarette users to keep the batteries away from copper and metal, including car keys and loose change.
"Please be cautious when carrying an e-cigarette vaporizer and avoid carrying them on your body," the fire department wrote in the post.