ELYRIA -- Seventeen new arrests have been made in an ongoing investigation into the heroin trafficking organization of Wayne D. Norris, according to Elyria police.
MORE ON HEROIN: WKYC's continued reporting
The following people have been arrested for conspiracy to traffic heroin, a second-degree felony:
- Jordan Burke, 23, of Norwalk, arrested at his residence.
- Christopher Alexander, 29, Elyria, arrested at his residence.
- Mickey Metheney, 30, Elyria, arrested at his residence.
- Garrett Padgett, 30, North Ridgeville, arrested at his residence.
- Gregory Smink, 29, Elyria, was in sheriff's custody on an unrelated charge.
- Cody Yourich, 23, Wellington, arrested at Elyria Walmart.
- Christopher Songer, 32, Elyria, was in sheriff's custody on an unrelated charge.
- Lucas McMullen, 32, LaGrange, arrested at his residence.
- Larry Moore, 21, LaGrange, was in sheriff's custody on an unrelated charge.
- Kenedy Schultz, 22, Elyria, turned self in at Elyria Police Department.
- Josh Truman, 30, LaGrange, turned self in at Elyria Police Department.
- Cheryna Samples, 20, Lorain, arrested at her residence.
- Stacey Hollis, 25, Barberton, turned self in at Elyria Police Department.
- Albert Hollis, 49, Elyria, arrested at Econo Lodge, Elyria.
- Megan Foky, 19, Elyria, arrested at Sunoco Gas, Elyria.
- Joshua McDaniel, 30, Elyria, turned self in at Elyria Police Department.
Lawrence Resko, 20, of Elyria was arrested for misdemeanor drug charges when he was found with Megan Foky at the Sunoco Gas in Elyria.
RELATED STORY: 7 arrested after year-long heroin investigation
According to police, these are the second round of arrests in the Norris organization, and investigators expect there will be more arrests.
Those arrested purchased heroin from Norris personally and/or from other members of his organization.
The heroin purchased by these individuals was for personal use and/or supplied to others to support their own addiction.
RELATED STORY: Heroin raid in Lorain surprises neighbors
The ongoing investigation involves Elyria police Narcotics Unit, Lorain police Narcotics Unit, the Lorain County sheriff's Drug Task Force and the Bureau of Criminal Investigation.
According to a news release, those agencies "will continue to work together in identifying, targeting and arresting any one person or organization responsible for distributing large quantities of heroin or other danger drugs in Lorain County."