Cory Barron autopsy: No cause of death yet

CLEVELAND -- It could take another month before we know how Cory Barron died.

He's the missing concertgoer at Progressive Field whose body turned up at the Lorain County Landfill.

The Lorain County Coroner says the results are preliminary and more testing needs to be done before a cause of death can be determined.

WKYC also obtained the missing person's report.

It states that, at 4 p.m. Saturday, Cory Barron's father walked into the Cleveland Police Department to report his son missing.

RELATED: Cory Barron investigation: What we now know

The father states that the whole family, including his wife, Cory, and his brother and sister all drove from Fremont to attend the Jason Aldean concert.

Cory's grandfather called into WTAM 1100 radio.

"He saw a girl from college he knew there and went with her to have a drink and he took them back to their seats and said 'I got to go back to my friends' and that's the last they seen of him," said the grandfather.

In the report, the friend states that Cory was "extremely intoxicated."

RELATED: Large vigil planned for Cory Barron

The Ohio Department of Public Safety had undercover agents there that night looking for illegal use of alcohol and tobacco.

They arrested 35 people, but didn't cross paths with Barron.

"It is my understanding that none of my agents came into contact with him, nor was he taken into custody by the Department of Public Safety that I'm aware of," said Greg Croft, with the Ohio Department of Public Safety.

According to the report, Gateway Security searched Progressive Field.

Cleveland Police checked area hospitals, the morgue and EMS.

Police are only calling this case a "dead body investigation."

One theory is that Barron somehow fell five stories down a garbage chute.

On Tuesday, Republic trucks unknowingly transported his body to the Lorain County Landfill.

Live Nation put on the concert and had this to say about the investigation: "Our thoughts and sincerest sympathies go out to the family and friends of Cory Barron."

The missing person reports says that radio dispatch "pinged" Cory's phone number which came back to a tower in Tremont about three hours before he went missing.

The hit on the Tremont tower is common, even for calls out of or coming from Progressive Field.

Follow WKYC's Kristin Anderson on Twitter: @KristinWKYC


To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment