GARRETTSVILLE -- Many of you have contacted us about ways to help those who were affected by Saturday's fire in Garrettsville.
The Garrettsville Area Chamber of Commerce has a website set up that shows many of the different events and fundraisers that are already planned, including how to restock the Nelson Garrettsville Community Cupboard.
Related article | 13 businesses destroyed in Garrettsville fire
Nonperishable items can be donated the following ways:
- Drop nonperishable food items, household supplies and toiletries at WKYC Channel 3, 1333 Lakeside Ave., Cleveland, 4:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesday and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesday through Friday.
- Nonperishable food items, household supplies or monetary donations for the Nelson Garrettsville Community Cupboard will be accepted at The Weekly Villager building (8088 Main St.) beginning at 9 a.m. Monday.
- Cub Scout Pack 62 of Garrettsville will be collecting nonperishable food items at IGA and Save-a-Lot Monday through 7 p.m.
- Girl Scout Troop 91010 is collecting nonperishable food items to help rebuild the Nelson Garrettsville Community Cupboard. Kristen Bailey will pick up any and all donations. Please contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Mental Health & Recovery Board in downtown Kent is a collection location for nonperishable food items. It's located at 155 E. Main St., Kent, next to the Kent Natural Foods Co-op. They will take your donations to the Weekly Villager. They are open Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
There's also a T-shirt fundraiser and many different ways you can volunteer your time. For more information on how you can help, visit the Garrettsville Area Chamber of Commerce website.
Mobile Users: http://bit.ly/1js2NKo