GARFIELD HEIGHTS -- The Ohio Department of Transportation announced its summer construction plans Thursday.
According to ODOT, Gov. John Kasich's Jobs and Transportation Plan is the "centerpiece" of this year's season.
ODOT said it expects to spend $2.5 billion this season on 936 projects statewide, including $790 million in Lake, Geauga and Cuyahoga counties.
Lake and Geauga counties:
- U.S. Route 422 resurfacing from U.S. Route 306 to state Route 44 (Geauga)
- Pavement rehab on Interstate 90 (Lake)
- Demolition of the Inner Belt bridge and construction of the new eastbound George Voinovich bridge
- West 73rd Street extension project along West Shoreway
- Continue replacement of Interstate 77 just north of Interstate 480
- Continue bridge deck replacement on Eddy Road over I-90