CLEVELAND -- Channel 3 is teaming up with HandsOn Northeast Ohio to help those most in need in our community.
The Homeless Stand Down provides a day out of the elements and connects homeless individuals, families and veterans with important services. The idea is to create a renewed sense of community and human spirit.
Channel 3 is a proud supporter of the 23rd annual Homeless Stand Down event on Saturday, Jan. 25, at Cleveland Public Auditorium.
Between then and now, WKYC will be collecting everything from clothes to toiletries at its downtown studios.
Simply drop off donations at our station at 1333 Lakeside Ave. in Cleveland between now and Friday, Jan. 24.
The types of donations needed include:
- Coats (new or gently used) -- men, women and children's sizes
- Boots -- Waterproof is preferred; larger sizes for both men and women are needed most
- Gloves -- waterproof is preferred
- Underwear (packaged) -- men, women and children sizes
- Hygiene kits -- may include toothbrush, toothpaste, washcloth, soap, deodorant, shaving cream and disposable razors, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, small hand sanitizer
- B.U.S. kits -- include a one-day bus pass to provide access to follow-up medical or social services from the Stand Down; one pair of crew socks, and a note of understanding (words of encouragement, drawings, bible verse, etc.)
- Household cleaning supplies, including laundry detergent
- Twin bed sheet sets
- Diapers, baby wipes
- Clothes hangers
- Gently used, warm clothing is also accepted
Additional supportive donation requests:
- Feminine hygiene products
- Reusable cloth bags
- Paper plates, cups, napkins, eating utensils
For more information, visit http://www.handsonneo.org/HomelessStandDown.